To Register or if you'd like to take a tour of the preschool, please call our office at (505)863-3145 during our regular office hours M-F 7:30AM-5:30PM. We offer extended hours for those who would need that option.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Preschool will:
- Provide a unique, contemporary, Catholic atmosphere in which children can develop a personal relationship with Jesus so as to witness him to the world around them.
- Teach children the basics of their faith so they may grow in their knowledge and love of God.
- Provide multi-culture and community services experiences
- Academically challenge each student so he/she will perform to the best of their ability.
- Stimulate administrators and teachers toward ongoing professional growth.
- Prepare students for their future.
- Engage and retain teachers who are knowledgeable in their field, enthusiastic in their teaching, and role models for students.
- Foster a spirit of unity among parents, parish community and the diocese.
- Participate in parish, diocesan, and community events conductive to the benefits of our youth.
7:30 AM -- Preschool doors open (students must be signed in by parents/guardians)
7:45 AM -- Preschool Day Begins (*Students are tardy after 7:45 & must enter through the main entrance)
7:30 - 8:20 AM -- Arrival, Take Attendance/Learning Centers/Dramatic Play (Free Choice)
8:20 - 8:30 AM -- Restroom Break/Wash Hands
8:30 - 9:00 AM -- Breakfast
9:00 - 9:30 AM -- Table Work Circle Time (Teacher Directed)
9:30 - 11:00 AM -- Learning Centers/Dramatic Play (Free Choice/Teacher Directed)
11:00 - 11:30 AM -- Pray/Restroom Break/Wash Hands
11:30 - 11:50 AM -- Lunch and Recess periods (gross motor)
11:50 AM - 12:00 PM -- Restroom Break/ Get Ready for Nap
12:00 - 2:00 PM -- Rest Time
2:00 - 2:15 PM -- Snack
2:15 PM -- No More Early Check-Outs
2:15 - 2:40 PM -- Dramatic Play/Get ready for Dismissal
2:45 PM -- Dismissal
3:00 - 5:30 PM -- Extended Care -- Learning Centers/Dramatic Play (Free Choice)
*All Students need to be signed in and out by parent/guardians no exception*
Childcare fees for the Preschool year are due and payable upon registration; however, monthly payments are available to help make tuition more affordable for each family, under the following provisions:
1. A $125 non-refundable registration fee per student is due at the time of registration.
2. Monthly payments of $350.00 will begin on August 1 of the new school year and must be completed in ten (10) consecutive monthly installments through May 1 of the following or twelve (12) if continuing through the summer.
Our new Infant Class from 6wks. to 24mo. with a Monthly Fee of $500.00
3. Monthly payments are due in the school office on the first of every month and will be considered late if not posted by the close of business (3:00 PM) on or before the 15th of each month. No post dated checks please.
4. A late payment penalty of $30.00 will be assessed to each delinquent account posted after the 15th of each month. After the twentieth (20) day of the month the child will not be allowed to attend Preschool without a payment being remitted.
5. Three late payments during the course of one school year will result in total tuition becoming due at the end of the month following the third violation. Non-payment of the entire balance by the end of that month could result in dismissal of the student(s) from the Preschool.
6. If tuition is not paid in accordingly to monthly payments or paid in full by the last day of the school year by the Responsible Party (Register Parent) legal actions will be taken. A court order will be issued to have monthly garnishments of the Responsible Party Income, to pay off the remaining balance. Child/Student will not be able to re-enroll in the Preschool until balance is paid in full.
7. Checks returned to the Preschool for insufficient funds will be assessed a $30.00 processing fee. Two returned checks will result in a cash-only account.
8. If a student is withdrawn for any reason (moving, transfer, expulsion, etc.) midway through the month, the entire amount of the tuition due for that month will be retained by the school. There are no refunds or discounts for partial attendance.
9. Upon withdrawal, students records will be held until all fees and past due payments are made in full. This includes Childcare Fee, Extended Care, Meal Program Fees and Late Fees.
10. CYFD assistance is available for families who qualify.
Enrolling your child with St. Francis of Assisi Preschool requires a careful balance of faith in God and good financial stewardship. It is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly.
- Shirts: Polo’s Green, Yellow, Navy Blue, Pink, White, Light Blue, Purple
- Pants/Shorts: Navy Blue or Khaki
- Jumpers/Skirts: Navy Blue or Khaki
- Shoes: No flip flops, no high heels, no boots, or any kinds of open toes shoes (kids will be running around and these types of shoes cause them to fall).
- Mass Days- Navy Blue polo shirt, with Khaki pants, skirts or jumpers. NO SHORTS.
- Friday- casual day, no uniform required.
- All Preschool students need to bring a change of clothes. This should be placed in a bag and labeled with the student’s name. Please be sure to update this throughout the year as the child grows out of and into a different size of clothing.